2 July 2020
Dear friends & supporters,
Wooburn Singers have remained busy over the last few months, meeting regularly via Zoom. We have set up a YouTube channel for some of the songs we have recorded together and there are more coming shortly. See https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Wooburn+singers.
As lockdown is easing, there are still restrictions over choral singing indoors but we are delighted to say that Wooburn Parish council have agreed that a number of us can give an informal open air concert in Wooburn Park. This is, of course, the birth place of Wooburn Singers so a fitting venue for us to meet up. We will have to follow strict social distancing but hopefully that won’t stop us singing in tune and in time together! We have a varied short programme suitable for a summer afternoon and we would love to see some of our supporters there. It is dependent on the weather however, so do double check the web site on the day.
With coronavirus restrictions continuing, we have made some further adjustments to our plans for the year ahead, as shown below. We will update these whenever we can, so please check the website from time to time. We anticipate getting back to rehearsing together in September and the September Come & Sing will go ahead if permitted but who knows? Our October concert may need to be a mixture of a small audience plus live streaming so watch this space. Bach St Matthew Passion has been re-arranged for 24th April 2021, venue tbc. and we plan an extra a capella concert in late February.
Our apologies for the fluidity of the arrangements – but needs must.
Meanwhile, we wish all our friends and supporters well in these strange times.
See you all before too long. Best wishes from all the choir
Please click on this link for a review of our March 2019 Concert in Cookham
Click this link to listen to John Carr, one of our members, talking about the choir and presenting some excerpts (Feb 2019)
Looking for a friendly local choir to join?
- Wooburn Singers is an SATB chamber choir, singing a range of music from 16th to 21st century
- We perform four concerts a year around South Buckinghamshire, plus two ‘come & sing’ days, and with annual summer singing weekends alternating between the UK & a European Tour
- We have a few vacancies for most voice parts.
- Special student rate of £20 per term, including music hire
- We rehearse in Beaconsfield School, Wattleton Road, HP9 1SJ
- Wednesday evenings 8-10pm, during term time
How to join
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come along to a rehearsal to see if you like what you hear / see, and decide if you would like to audition
Wooburn Singers would like to acknowledge with grateful thanks the sponsorship and support received from the following organisations:
- De Marsac Jewellers, Beaconsfield,www.demarsacjewellers.com
- Universal Care Homecare services www.universal-care.co.uk
- Simon Elvin Greeting cards & gift wrapping paper, Wooburn Green, www.simonelvin.com
- Martin Adams Vehicle repairs & MOT, Bourne End, www.mavs.co.uk
- Burgers Artisan bakery, patisserie, tea room and chocolatier in Marlow www.burgersartisanbakery.com
- Strings of Penn www.stringsofpenn.co.uk
- Angela Farquhar Flute teacher www.musicteachers.co.uk
- Pink Accountancy Accountants, Marlow www.pink-accounts.co.uk
- Quaker Meeting House, Jordans www.jordansquakercentre.org
- The Sir George Dyson Trust
- Beaconsfield Old Church School Charity
Wooburn Singers wish to thank Wycombe District Council for their continuing support
Other links that may be of interest are as follows:
Links to other events that may be of interest are as follows:
- Aylesbury Festival choir 60th Anniversary concert on 13th April 2019