Wooburn Singers is an auditioned chamber choir of about 50 singers in South Buckinghamshire. Rehearsing in Beaconsfield, we perform four or five concerts per year in the area, ranging from a cappella works to large choral pieces with orchestra. The choir goes on tour in Europe every other summer.
For full details of forthcoming Concerts and Come & Sing events, click here. To find out about joining the choir, click here.
- Coronavirus Update
28 April 2020
Dear friends & supporters,
As the Coronavirus pandemic continues, we have made further adjustments to our plans for the year ahead, as shown below. We will update these whenever we can, so please check the website from time to time.
We really do hope to have an informal concert later in the summer if we possibly can and have moved the date back to 18th July at St Michaels Beaconsfield to increase the chance of this happening. A decision on this will take place much nearer the time.
Hopefully the programme for the autumn term will all be possible. Bach St Matthew Passion has been re-arranged for 24th April 2021, venue tbc.
Our apologies for the fluidity of the arrangements – but needs must.
Meanwhile, we wish all our friends and supporters well at this challenging time. Do listen some to Wooburn Singers clips here, and we will continue to do our vocal exercises! We are doing rehearsals on Zoom and may post some of our recording efforts here in due course.
See you all before too long. Best wishes from all the choir
- Bach: St Matthew Passion – now 24 April 2021
22/4/20 Following the cancellation of our 2020 performance due to Coronavirus we are delighted to confirm that our performance of J S Bach St Matthew Passion will now take place on 24 April 2021, at a venue TBC
If you have already purchased tickets for our 2020 concert, your tickets will remain valid. Alternatively a full refund can be arranged – in which case, please contact email@example.com
Wooburn Singers will be joined by baroque players from the Oxford Bach Soloists
Musical director and acclaimed Bach specialist, Tom Hammond-Davies, will be joined by Mark Padmore as the Evangelist, Peter Harvey as Christ and a full cast of soloists.
- Programme for 2020-21
- Church Times review of Dubois concert
Please click on this link for a review of our March 2019 Concert in Cookham
- John Carr on Marlow FM
Click this link to listen to John Carr, one of our members, talking about the choir and presenting some excerpts (Feb 2019)
- Online Ticket Purchasing Is Available!
- Come and Join us!
Looking for a friendly local choir to join?
- Wooburn Singers is an SATB chamber choir, singing a range of music from 16th to 21st century
- We perform four concerts a year around South Buckinghamshire, plus two ‘come & sing’ days, and with annual summer singing weekends alternating between the UK & a European Tour
- We have a few vacancies for most voice parts.
- Special student rate of £20 per term, including music hire
- We rehearse in Beaconsfield School, Wattleton Road, HP9 1SJ
- Wednesday evenings 8-10pm, during term time
How to join
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come along to a rehearsal to see if you like what you hear / see, and decide if you would like to audition
- Become a Patron of the Wooburn Singers
Become a Patron of the Wooburn Singers!
For £100 per annum you will receive a season ticket for each of our 4 concerts plus you will receive a free programme & a glass of wine at each of the concerts. Additionally, patrons will have reserved seating at the front of the church. You can become a patron at any time as the patronage is for 12 months from time of purchase.
We would like to acknowledge the support of our patrons in our programme and hope that you will agree to have your name included in the list.
- Sponsors and Supporters
Wooburn Singers would like to acknowledge with grateful thanks the sponsorship and support received from the following organisations:
- De Marsac Jewellers, Beaconsfield,www.demarsacjewellers.com
- Universal Care Homecare services www.universal-care.co.uk
- Simon Elvin Greeting cards & gift wrapping paper, Wooburn Green, www.simonelvin.com
- Martin Adams Vehicle repairs & MOT, Bourne End, www.mavs.co.uk
- Burgers Artisan bakery, patisserie, tea room and chocolatier in Marlow www.burgersartisanbakery.com
- Strings of Penn www.stringsofpenn.co.uk
- Angela Farquhar Flute teacher www.musicteachers.co.uk
- Pink Accountancy Accountants, Marlow www.pink-accounts.co.uk
- Quaker Meeting House, Jordans www.jordansquakercentre.org
- The Sir George Dyson Trust
- Beaconsfield Old Church School Charity
- Wycombe District Council supports Wooburn Singers
Wooburn Singers wish to thank Wycombe District Council for their continuing support
- Useful Links and other events
Other links that may be of interest are as follows:
Links to other events that may be of interest are as follows:
- Aylesbury Festival choir 60th Anniversary concert on 13th April 2019
- Help us to raise extra cash for the Wooburn Singers!
Easyfundraising is a simple way of raising funds for your favourite charity when you shop online.
Please follow the instructions below and sign up to easyfundraising – that way when you’re doing your Christmas shopping online you’ll also be supporting us at the same time!
Many thanks for your support!