Wooburn Singers is an auditioned chamber choir of about 50 singers in South Buckinghamshire. Rehearsing in Beaconsfield, we perform four or five concerts per year in the area, ranging from a cappella works to large choral pieces with orchestra. The choir goes on tour in Europe every other summer.
For full details of forthcoming Concerts and Come & Sing events, click here. To find out about joining the choir, click here.
- Wycombe District Council supports Wooburn Singers
Wooburn Singers wish to thank Wycombe District Council for their continuing support
- 50th Anniversary Concert
Please join us for this very special concert and party.
NB – this event starts at the earlier time of 7pm.
For the concert we will be singing a selection of our choral favourites from our repertoire, with some of the items being sung by a combined choir of current and past members.
The choir will be directed by our present Musical Director, Tom Hammond-Davies, and his predecessor, Greg Beardsell.
After the concert, the audience and singers will join together for a party.
The concert is at one of our favourite venues, All Saints’ Marlow; and the party is at the Shelley Theatre, Pound Lane, which is just 5 mins walk from the church.
- Come and Join us!
Looking for a friendly local choir to join?
- Wooburn Singers is an SATB chamber choir, singing a range of music from 16th to 21st century, with approximately 55 members.
- We perform 4 concerts a year around South Buckinghamshire, plus 2 ‘come & sing’ days with alternate annual summer singing weekends in the UK or a European Tour. This year we’re planning a trip to Langres, our twin town in France.
- We have a few vacancies for most voice parts.
- Special student rate of £20 per term, includes music.
- We rehearse in Beaconsfield School, Wattleton Road, HP9 1SJ
- Wednesday evenings 8-10pm, during term time
How to join
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come along to a rehearsal to see if you like what you hear / see, and decide if you would like to audition
- Concerts and events from Jan 2017 onwards
The following are the the dates and events planned for 2017 onwards. Please check back, since some details will be updated as we get nearer to the event dates.
Date Event / Repertoire Venue 28th Jan 2017 Come and Sing: J S Bach: Magnificat Wycombe High School, High Wycombe 11th Mar 2017 Concert: Bruckner motets St. Teresa’s Church, Beaconsfield (with Onyx Brass) 17th June 2017 Concert: 50th anniversary concert with past conductors & singers All Saints Church, Marlow (& party afterwards) 7th Oct 2017 Come and sing: Elgar: The Kingdom Beaconsfield School 21st Oct 2017 Concert: Music for Remembrance
Colin Riley: Road shining like river after rain
John Taverner: Svyati
Karl Jenkins: Benedictus
John Rutter: Requiem
All Saints Church, Marlow 23rd Dec 2017 Concert: Christmas Music for choir and audience St Mary’s Church, Beaconsfield 3rd Feb 2018 Come and Sing: Dyson: Nebuchadnezzar Challoners High School, Little Chalfont 10th Mar 2018 Concert: Bach B Minor Mass All Saints High Wycombe 16th June 2018
Concert: Summer Music St Lawrence, West Wycombe
- Online Ticket Purchasing Now Available!
- Become a Patron of the Wooburn Singers
Become a Patron of the Wooburn Singers!
For £80 per annum you will receive a season ticket for each of our 4 concerts plus you will receive a free programme & a glass of wine at each of the concerts. Additionally, patrons will have reserved seating at the front of the church. You can become a patron at any time as the patronage is for 12 months from time of purchase.
We would like to acknowledge the support of our patrons in our programme and hope that you will agree to have your name included in the list.